Flight Training Application
To print and complete application, download here. Otherwise, continue on to fill out online.
PERSONAL AND CONTACT DATA
Note: You must enter your name below EXACTLY as it appears on official government issued ID’s such as your passport, birth certificate, etc.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Proof of Citizenship (US Citizens Only):
(Must be presented in person upon arrival along with a current government issued picture ID)
US citizens will be required to show proof of citizenship upon arrival. Non US citizens are required to obtain the proper TSA security clearance(s) with a “Permission to Initiate Training” status prior to starting a flight training course. See our website or call for details.
SELECT THE TRAINING COURSE(S) YOU ARE INTERESTED IN (If Applicable)
Private Pilot Training
Commercial Pilot Training
Airline Transport Pilot
Flight Instructor Training
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY STATEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I, understand that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires that all pilot applicants be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language and if English is my second language that my English language skills must meet or exceed the FAA and ICAO minimum requirements. I understand the above statement and affirm that all information given is true and to my best knowledge.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS / AIRCRAFT RENTAL AGREEMENT
I, understand that I must adhere to ATD Flight Systems’ policies and procedures listed below. The following company aircraft rental policies and conditions apply to each flight:
1. I am responsible for the safe and conscientious operation of the aircraft until it is returned and secured at ATD Flight System’s facilities. I will personally conduct a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft and report any discrepancies prior to the flight. All aircraft discrepancies will be documented by renter/pilot on the status board within the office. I will verify times of inspections due prior to start of aircraft.
2. I will not use the aircraft for flight instruction to any individual, unless I am an authorized ATD Flight Systems instructor on a specified dual training flight. I will pilot the aircraft from the command seat (left side) and will act as Pilot in Command and sole manipulator of the controls at all times. The renter who signs this rental agreement will be the only operator of the aircraft.
3. I will only land at FAA designated airports that are safe and suitable under the prevailing conditions with a minimum of 3,000 feet of runway.
4. I will not use, operate or allow ATD Flight Systems’ aircraft to be used or operated (a) beyond gliding distance of any shoreline (b) in any race, speed test or contest (c) for transportation of persons or property for hire (d) to tow an object (e) for any illegal purpose (f) by any person other than Renter who signed the Rental Agreement (g) outside of the United States - unless prior approval is given by ATD Flight Systems’ management.
5. I will telephone ATD Flight Systems at 816-221-8455 or 816-221-1365 if I am unable to return the aircraft at the agreed time for any reason or encounter any maintenance problem while away from ATD Flight Systems.
6. I agree to pay any landing fees, tie down fees, or any other charge incurred by me while the aircraft is in my possession.
7. I will pay a minimum charge of .3 hours for each hour that I have the aircraft scheduled and/or have the aircraft in my possession, whichever is greater, between the normal business hours of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM unless prior arrangements have been approved by ATD management. There is no charge applied for reservations outside of normal business hours or if the plane is reserved overnight.
8. Extended flights of more than three days must be requested and approved by management with current contact information before putting the flight on the schedule.
a. All scheduling will be done via Flight Schedule Pro (FSP) or by calling the office personnel
(dispatcher) who will post it to FSP.
b. Cancellations/No-Shows/Late Returns – I accept and will abide by the current cancellation and no show policy of ATD Flight Systems. If I am unable to fly an aircraft as scheduled, I will cancel in a timely manner via FSP, AND by calling the office during normal business hours at 816-221-8455 to advise them of the cancellation. I agree to pay the following penalties if not canceled in a timely manner:
** There is no penalty for cancellation due to weather, illness or maintenance problems. Safety and
good aeronautical decision making is respected and appreciated. But please cancel as soon as possible.
** Late cancellations/No Shows (after the initial scheduled time has passed) will be charged .3 hours per hour for at least the first two hours of scheduled time and if a dual flight, a charge of one hour of dual to be paid to the flight instructor at the renters expense. The schedule will then be removed after one hour and the aircraft made available to the public unless ATD has heard from the renter.
**Late returns cannot be tolerated without timely notification to ATD so that we may notify the next renter as soon as possible. Please respect this rule.
**To be clear about this, communication is key to avoiding excess charges; please talk to us and let us know what is happening. We want your flight to go as planned, and without any inconvenience to the next pilot as well. These policies are to ensure accurate aircraft and instructor scheduling and efficient use of resources.
9. I will report all accidents, major or minor, to ATD Flight Systems at once, together with the names and addresses of witnesses and involved parties. In the event of an accident I will not permit the aircraft to be moved unless expressly authorized by ATD Flight Systems or local, state, or federal authorities and will do all that I can to protect the aircraft and its equipment from further loss.
10. I agree to pay my bill immediately after completion of the flight, or if after hours, I will call ATD the next day to pay this bill over the phone, email, or allow ATD to charge my credit card if one is on file. Interest charges on any balance remaining in delinquent status may apply if not resolved in a timely fashion.
11. I will accept the Hobbs Meter reading to the next highest tenth if it is showing. If no Hobbs Meter is installed, or is inoperative or has failed, the tachometer will be used and the flight time will be computed at 1.2 times the tachometer time. Should the starting time be recorded incorrectly, I must bring this to the attention to the dispatch office or management before starting the flight.
12. I agree to pay the cost of recovering the aircraft if abandoned away from the Downtown Kansas City, Charles
B. Wheeler Airport (MKC) including: all transportation expenses for one pilot to the abandoned aircraft, pilot time at standard solo rate for all time recorded on the aircraft while away from home base, and all other costs directly related to this operation.
13. I will obtain weather reports, forecasts, notams, airmets, sigmets and everything required by FARs to file FAA flight plans for all cross-country flights, and to use the aircraft only for this purpose and over the route specified. Flight following is also recommended and is considered mandatory if a flight plan has not been filed.
14. Should I need to purchase fuel for the aircraft at my own expense, I will have it credited to my account for the amount of my purchase in accordance with the current ATD Flight Systems reimbursement rate (up to $6.00 per gallon). I understand all purchases must be documented with an original receipt at the time the aircraft is returned. Each ATD aircraft has a Multi-Service Credit Card located in the flight log and may be used if it is accepted by the FBO.
15. I agree to see that the aircraft is securely tied down in a proper area, master battery and ignition switches off, controls secured, and doors locked when parked away from ATD Flight Systems. I will report any suspicious or criminal activity to ATD Flight Systems (816-221-8455), MKC Airport Security, the Airport Watch Hotline (1-866/GA-SECURE) or local Authorities (911) as necessary.
16. I agree to remain current in each aircraft I fly in accordance with FARs and to have a recheck if I have not flown an ATD Flight Systems aircraft within the preceding 90 days. I will remain knowledgeable of the aircraft, its systems, and subsystems and agree to comply with all POH limitations, warnings, and cautions for the aircraft. Renters who are not current or familiar with aircraft will complete a minimum one-hour checkout with an ATD Flight Systems instructor. This currency will include a Flight Review if one is needed.
17. I will operate in accordance with all applicable FAA regulations. Any pilot who acts in an unsafe manner in the air or on the ground or who knowingly violates FARs, at the discretion of ATD Flight Systems management, may have their rental privileges terminated.
18. I will pay all sales and uses taxes in accordance with state laws.
19. I will not perform or authorize any repairs or adjustments, nor make any purchases in relation to the aircraft without authorization from ATD Flight Systems’ management. All repairs and fueling will be made by properly licensed facilities and personnel.
**Except for minor repairs of scheduled maintenance performed by qualified personnel, costing
$100.00 or less. Renter will not have repairs made to any part of the aircraft or its equipment without specific authorization from ATD Flight Systems.
**In the event of required repairs when the estimated down-time exceeds 24 hours, the Renter has the option of: (1) returning by other means at his or her own expense, in which case expenses incurred in bringing the aircraft home will be borne by ATD Flight Systems, or (2) remaining with the aircraft at his or her own expense until repairs have been completed enabling completion of flight plan and return to home base.
**If the aircraft is abandoned away from the home base airport for reasons within the Renter’s control, the Renter will be charged pilot expenses plus flight time at dual rates to return the aircraft to home base.
**ATD Flight Systems will not reimburse the Renter for any overtime charges, call-out fees, or any other after-hours charges made by a maintenance facility. Other expenses incurred by the Renter as a result of a mechanical delay such as rental cars, hotel rooms, meals, airline fare, etc. will not be reimbursed.
20. I accept liability for any damage done to the aircraft while in my possession, and will pay for damage not warranting an insurance claim. ATD charges a $2.00 deductible fee for each aircraft rental. Should an incident occur involving an insurance claim, ATD will cover the deductible. Please notify us of any damage so that we may ground the aircraft for repairs.
21. I will not smoke in the aircraft. If found to be in violation of ATD Flight Systems’ non-smoking policy, I forfeit all privileges as an ATD Flight Systems customer and agree to pay a cleaning charge.
22. I will provide all necessary personal identification and information as requested by ATD Flight Systems in a timely manner (10 business days) including, but not limited to: driver’s license, pilot’s license, passport, medical certificate, log book verification, and applicable visas. I also understand that I will not be allowed to rent an ATD aircraft without an ATD instructor until ATD has received these documents.
23. I understand that I may be subject to a background check and associated fees as required by the FAA.
24. I will maintain aircraft security and cleanliness by following the checklist (i.e.: electrical switches, fuel selector valve, control-lock, proper tie-down, locking all doors and installing pitot tube cover) and removing
all trash from the aircraft after each flight and agree to pay a cleaning fee for especially dirty aircraft (vomit, and food/soda spills) if deemed by management.
24. I will not practice or intentionally spin an ATD Flight Systems aircraft except as part of an authorized training syllabus and with written permission from management.
25. Only 100LL aviation fuel will be used in ATD Flight Systems’ aircraft. Auto gasoline is NOT permitted except in the Sky Arrow (N423SA). When outside air temperature is above 75 degrees Fahrenheit – tanks should not be filled past the bottom of the tank neck (to prevent fuel overflow siphoning).
26. For a Renter to fly an ATD Flight Systems aircraft under instrument flight rules (IFR), they must have an IFR checkout by an ATD Flight Systems instructor. Night visual flight rules (VFR) cross-country is limited to currently qualified instrument rated pilots, or those pilots who have completed a night checkout by an ATD Flight Systems instructor.
27. The cost of a check returned by our bank, for any reason, is $25.00
28. Pilots are encouraged to further protect themselves by purchasing a Non-Owner Rental Insurance policy.
29. ATD Flight Systems’ Management reserves the rights to alter, modify, amend, remove, waive, or add any rule by notifying all pilots. Any pilot who flies an ATD Flight Systems aircraft after receipt of notification has, by implication, acknowledged and accepted the rule.
PRE‐PAID ACCOUNTS, RENTAL COST, AND REIMBURSEMENT
ATD frequently offers a discount program to its customers, but reserves the right to cancel or change these discounts. Please ask an ATD dispatcher for details. Once a discount is offered and money is placed on account, ATD will honor it until these funds have been exhausted. ATD reserves the right to refuse a refund, although refunds may be granted after adjusting recent purchases to retail amounts. The discount offered only applies to aircraft and simulator.
Current prices are posted at all times in the office. Prices are subject to change at any time depending on fuel prices , insurance and/or maintenance costs. We will make every effort to inform all parties involved of upcoming price changes before they go into effect and post current prices in the office.
ATD must keep a current authorized credit card on file for each customer.
(If under 18 years of age)
COVENANT NOT TO SUE, LIABILITY RELEASE, AN ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
Hereby affirm that I am aware that flying and activities associated with flying have inherent and unforeseeable risks, which may result in serious injury or death.
I understand and agree that neither my instructor nor ATD Flight Systems, nor any of their respective employees, officers, agents, contractors, or assigns, (hereafter referred to as “Released Parties”) may be held liable or responsible in any way for any injury, death, or other damages to me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns that may occur as a result of my participation in flying aircraft, flying in aircraft, flight instruction, aircraft rental, aircraft operations, ramp operations, or any associated activities involved with these activities, (hereafter referred to as Flight Activities), or as a result of the negligence of any party, including the Released Parties, whether passive or active.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Flight Activities, I hereby personally assume all risks of Flight Activities, whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may befall me while I am participating in these activities. I further release, exempt, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any claim or lawsuit by me, my family, estate, heirs, or assigns, arising out of my participation in Flight Activities including both claims arising during any course of training or after I receive my pilot certification(s).
I also understand that Flight Activities are physically demanding and that I must seek the ongoing care of a licensed and authorized aviation medical examiner and that I will not hold Released Parties responsible for events resulting from my physical condition, limitations, or incapacitation.
I further state that I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this liability release or that I have acquired the written consent of my parent or guardian.
I understand the terms herein are contractual and not merely recital and that I have signed this document of my own free act and with the knowledge that I hereby waive my legal rights. I further agree if any provision of this agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision may be served from this agreement; however the remainder of this agreement shall then be construed as though the unenforceable provision had never been contained therein.
I, BY THIS INSTRUMENT AND MY SIGNATURE AGREE TO EXEMPT AND RELEASE MY INSTRUCTORS, ATD FLIGHT SYSTEMS, LLC AND ALL RELATED ENTITIES AS DEFINED ABOVE OF ALL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY FROM DAMAGE, OR WRONGFUL DEATH HOWEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, WHETHER PASSIVE OF ACTIVE. I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS LIABILITY RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT BY READING IT BEFORE I SIGNED IT ON BEHALF OF MY HEIRS AND MYSELF.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF CONSENT)
TSA PREREQUSITE FOR NON-US CITIZENS
OVERVIEW: TSA has issued Title 49 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations Part 1552 that prohibits a flight school from providing flight training in an aircraft or aircraft simulator to non US Citizens without TSA approval. Under this Rule pilots must create and maintain a TSA account at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov. Based on these details TSA will determine that the candidate is not a threat to aviation or national security and issue permission to train.
CAUTION: Your flight training may be delayed or denied. TSA applications should be made at least 30 days prior to your scheduled training event.